Thursday 4 October 2012

My baby is a man today!

Good morning all,
Well today, my youngest son turns 21, I just can't believe it.  Where did all those years go?  It only seems like yesterday I was walking around the hospital willing the contractions on so my new baby would be born.   To this day I still call him my baby;  He will always be my baby,  much to his annoyance I think.
I wanted to show you his birthday cards today, but I have decided that I should first show you the butterfly card I mentioned on my last post.  It is clean and simple but the stylish design could be used for a few occasions I think.  I hope you like it.


I started with a 5.5" x 7.5" side fold card.   The Spellbinders butterfly was cut in both ivory and brown.  I wanted the brown one to act like a shadow, so I cut it down the middle to allow me to move each section slightly outward.   On the background I used the Tied Together embossing folder and added drops of bronze pva from Creative Expressions.  I also used a little of the pva for the body of the butterfly to add some dimension.


I cut some corners in coordinating brown card and aded some half pearls.  Finally, I used a wrap of brown crushed silk ribbon through one of the Spellbinder buckle diecuts.  
This was an easy card but a bit time consuming with the pearly dots and the drying time, but so worth the wait as the finish is always so effective, don't you agree.
Well that's it for today,  however I will make time this evening to do another post for tomorrow to show you the cards I made for my sons 21st.
I am hoping to be blogging more often again now as the clearing and rearranging is almost done and what I have left to do can be done at intervals now.    So, here's to catching up and creating something new.  I even have a new Challenge in mind!!! (but that will come a little later this month).
I hope you are all keeping well and have not had any hardships with all this rain.
Hugs and best wishes Linda xx

16 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful butterfly! Great card :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Christine, love the monochrome..of all the Spellbinders butterflies this one remains my favourite, hugs, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, nice to have you back - and back with a bang! A really lovely card.
    If you find yourself with clearing withdrawal symptoms, you are welcome to start on mine!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just beautiful! I wish I had that butterfly die and that embossing folder... so pretty!

    Also, I know what you mean about your son's "annoyance" at being the 'baby'. Let me tell you that it's not any better with a girl!!! My 'baby' will be 30 next month, and she has always seemed "pained" by me calling her my baby for her entire life!... which is strange for me to understand, because I was 'the baby' in my family, and I didn't seem to mind it at all! I even remember telling her about 10 years ago that it didn't matter how old she got, she would always be the baby, and to go ask her Grandma who the baby was... (Mom said me of course, and I was in my 40's!!)... so she finally realized at that time, that it was an inevitable endearment she would carry, but it hasn't made her like it any better. Go figure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Linda. I love the elegant design and gorgeous colour scheme.
    Happy Birthday to your son today!!!

    Take care
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, nice to see you again. Gorgeous card, using my favourite folder - that you introduced me to!!! And that butterfly is just beautiful! I bet it doesn't seem five minutes ago that your baby really was a baby. Time goes so quickly doesn't it? LOve and hugs from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,
    what a fabulous creation. Love of course the butterfly, and that very unusual shade of dark brown. I also very much like your corners they seem to be the in thing at the mo.
    I feel really old as my baby is 41 and he left school with no qualifications, but has worked his way up to university standard now with quite a few qualifications under his belt. I am so proud of what he has achieved as you must be with your son.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning and beautiful Linda!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful your butterfly looks and yes our children will remain babies to us for ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda

    Good to see you back on your blog and with such a pretty card.

    Take care

    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda - how lovely is this!!! I am definitely a fan of butterflies now and have even put some on my next creation to be posted. You are right that there are bits that are time consuming but they really are worth it. I love this one.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, so pleased to see you back on your blog. Love this card, how could I not, as you know how much I adore butterflies. A beautiful creation.
    My son will be 39 next month and he will always be my baby so know where you are coming from.
    Hope the sun is shining on you and everyone in blog land.
    Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Afternoon Linda,
    Firstly Many Congratulations to your Son hope he has a wonderful birthday.
    I love this card, the colours are stunning, might just have to have a go at using the browns I have stacked up unused.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card Linda^_^ How are you?Did you receive my mail time ago?Are you ok?
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card ...and I suspect a lot more work went into it than first appears. It's always a pleasure to visit your blog Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love the support as I venture out to doing some design work, I would love you to visit my blog at Ange's Treasures and hope 2014 is a better year for you and me both. Sometimes trials come our way and I find crafting really helps me. I hope to see you pop over and join my blog, I need the support. I am always looking for challenges for my cards but seem to find it very hard to find challenges that you can just enter what you like or a card without a digi.

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment I receive because each and every one is important to me. Thank you so much for popping by and supporting me. xx